June has been an interesting month from beginning to end. Not all good but not all bad and maybe a little bit of ugly too...
We'll start with the good, Father's Day!
My Dad is a couple thousand miles away so we didn't get to celebrate with him but we were there in spirit! Luckily both my sisters are close by so they can have Father's Day festivities for him. Happy Father's Day Dad we love ya!
We celebrated Alex's daddy-hood with his mom and stepdad and brothers and their kids at Alex's mom's house, of course there was delicious food and a fun kiddie pool for the kiddie's. Ethan's and Abby's cousins are so cute and they are so sweet to our kids. It's nice that they have some cousins that are close.
A few pictures...
Brianna (in the back) Andrew, Jr., Dominick and E-town.
The not all bad...Alex's birthday
We celebrated by going out to breakfast then going to Toy Story 3 (very cute and I did get a little teary and so did Alex but in a very manly man kind of way- but don't tell him I told you he might not forgive me). Ethan was SO excited this was his first official movie in a movie theater experience. He was on the edge of his seat and clapped for "Woowy" (Woody) and Buzz and Jesse and would shout their names out. He was in heaven! Abby on the other hand--not so much. Then we had our friends Mindy and Ben and their adorable kids over for gyoza's (potstickers) that Alex loves to make and has gotten pretty good at. It's a good thing Mindy and Ben came over cuz they brought some delicious fried rice and an awesome dessert, our meal wouldn't have been nearly as good! I did not have time to make Alex a cake or anything (which was probably a good thing since every time I make a cake for Alex's birthday it shrivels up like a raisin) so luckily Mindy came through on the dessert for us! Thanks Mindy!
Happy Birthday Alex! Your little family loves you so much!
And here's to 34 (not 35) more years of birthday fun!
And the ugly...a wreck
The Dondo bus was involved in an accident. I know what you're thinking OH NO! Not the Dondo Bus! Yes it's true. I was driving and had the kids with me, luckily (gratefully, thankfully, blessedly-I think I just made that word up) none of us were hurt. The Dondo bus didn't make it through unscathed though and had to be towed away from the accident. Here's how it went down: I was stopped at an intersection that has stoplights, when the light turned green I proceeded through the intersection almost made it through the intersection when out of no where a lady in a Jeep SUV cruises through her red light. I saw her out of the corner of my eye (on the passenger side), slam on the brakes and hit her hard enough so that her car rolled one full roll, landing upright. She was OK, very shaken and very concerned because she's pregnant (so obviously very worried about her baby). UGGGGHHH! Once I heard that, I nearly croaked! They took her away in an ambulance, I called her later that evening and she said she was fine and the baby was OK. Wow! How lucky we all were, I realize that but I still feel bad about the whole situation (even though technically it wasn't my fault). So we've been dealing with towing yards, collision repair places, insurance adjusters etc.. Who all seem to be more concerned about who is paying who and how fast they can get their money or how they don't want to pay money out than anything else! I HATE dealing with these things, I trust people and places of business and I trust that people are essentially good and will do the right thing. Unfortunately that's not always the case. I just hope and pray that it will all work out for her and for us-I'm pretty sure it will, just have to be patient (one of the many things I'm not good at)...
So there it is the good the not all bad and the ugly...
Let's hope July gets off to a better start than the way June ended!
3 comments:
Yikes!! So glad you are all safe!
so glad you're ok!
I'm glad you are okay!!!!!! Tell Alex Happy Birthday for us! :)
Post a Comment