Monday, March 3, 2008

Couch Fun

Ethan's new favorite game
Let's pull all the cushions off the couch
Using the cushion as a slide of sorts
Ooopsie-where did he go? Yep those are his little feet!

So I must admit this 18 month old stage is more challenging then some of the other stages he's been through. It seems Ethan is very stubborn and strong willed (wonder where he got that from???) and it's really starting to show. I love to see that he's understanding and learning more and hear his little voice say new words. And it's so fun to see him walking, well running mostly, around and doing silly little things like this whole couch cushion business. But the flip side to that is the "little" temper tantrums he has when I make him do something he doesn't want to do (i.e. change his diaper, come inside from outside, pick him up when he wants to walk etc..) WOW! He is really good at letting me know that is not acceptable! He is definitely a little independent spirit and likes to blaze his own trails! A part of me hopes he stays that way into his teen years and beyond, and the other part of me wishes he was a little less independent and stubborn! I guess it's all a part of the terrible two's, which I was hoping to avoid all together. But in spite of his tantrums we still love him and he is almost always willing to give kisses and big hugs which usually makes up for any earlier clashing of wills between Mom and son...

2 comments:

Warnick Family said...

You are the best Mommy! And, I want to play "take the cushions off the couch" the next time I'm at your house!!

Kristin said...

Love the cusions! We miss you guys. (And we'd love the Texas mug...)