Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cankles and Sausage Toes

So...There are several things that are not fun about being pregnant, at least for me. The several (hundred) late night trips to the bathroom, the lack of sleep, the waddle, the inability to bend over, stupid pregnancy pants that are supposed to nicely fit around an ever expanding belly but for some reason they inevitably end up UNDER my belly (and the inseam is down to my knees) and my shirt ends up OVER my belly,why bother getting dressed I say? So the other morning I thought maybe I should introduce my shirt and pants to each other then maybe they would feel like sticking together for the day (no such luck). And last but not least "cankles" and "sausage toes" now for those of you who are wondering what the heck a "cankle" is, it's the term my husband lovingly uses when refering to my lower legs/feet, since there is no real definition between the calf and the ankle (see picture below)=cankle. My toes are sort of chubby even when I'm not pregnant so when I'm pregnant they get really chubby thus the "sausage toes"... Hope that visual doesn't mess with your desire for breakfast meats...It is pretty uncomfortable and when they get REALLY huge (they're mildly huge in the pictures below) I can sort of feel stuff sloshing around when I walk...Weird and gross-I know!




However there are some fun things about being pregnant...Generally people give you what you want without giving you grief, like ice cream for a mid morning snack...Or french fries at 11PM. I dare anyone to mess with a preg-o and her food cravings... Pregnancy brain (a very real and valid condition--not just an excuse) comes in handy when you've forgotten something important or can't think about more than 2 things at the same time...And last but not least you get a fun baby shower with lots of cute gifts and the chance to hang out with good friends who make you laugh....Thanks guys, I appreciate you!








6 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Yay! I made the blog! Thanks for having a baby so we could have a fun shower for you. Good luck with everything! It's gonna be great.

Terri said...

Every comment I make starts like this... Kelli, you make me laugh! I am glad you are having a baby and it gives us a fun chance to have a party!

Melanie Bingham said...

My feet and ankles hurt for you! Hang in there she's almost here and that is the best part!

Carrie said...

I love the term "cankles!" But I know having them is no fun. Hang in there . . . baby girl will be here so soon! Hooray for a fun shower!

Sara said...

Oh!! You poor thing!!!!! But your hair looks fantastic... and your toes are painted!!! How'd you do that!?! Pay Alex? *snort* That's what I would have had to do... :D

I SO wish I could been there for the shower!!!!!

And introducing your pants and shirt before putting them on... Omheck!!ROFL!!!

Baby girls! Hooray!!! *is going shopping for you...*

Bryan said...

Kelli- the shower looked like tons of fun- i'm sorry about your puffy cankles- just blame it on the humidity- even in JANUARY!!!!!!Ah! anywayzee- I have a gift for you so I need to bring it over! I can't wait to see your baby girl- because Ethan is a beautiful boy:)