OK so I thought these experiences were worth documenting...My husband is hilarious plain and simple and he is quite the jokester so sometimes I don't believe everything he tells me but on the other hand he also has really random things happen to him all the time...For example (just today):
He called me this afternoon and this is how our conversation went:
Alex: I'm jinxed, a stupid black cat ate my lunch!
Me: What?
Alex: A black cat ate my lunch!
Me: What are you talking about?
Alex: I left the window to my van open a little while I went to someone's house to do a job and when I came out there was a black cat sitting in the passenger seat eating my lunch!"
Me: Are you serious?
Alex: Yep, I'm jinxed!
Me: Uh, yeah you are.
Alex: Now I have to go buy my lunch--*&%# cat!
And
This happened this evening (Alex is on call for his company meaning if there is an emergency after regular work hours he has to attend to those calls)-he gets a call at about6:30PM-a builder calls and says that a brand new house is having a gas leak-the people just moved in but they could smell gas... Sidenote and just FYI-if you ever smell gas at your house DON'T call the gas company (all they do is shut it off and tell you to) call a plumber...So save time and energy by calling a plumber first...So Alex heads out to the house (and it's not that close either) to check it out...Well he gets home at about 9:15PM and I ask him how it went...
Alex: "You know those fake wood blinds?"
Me: Uh, yeah (wondering what in the world this has to do with a gas leak)..
Alex: They smell like natural gas when they are brand new.
Me: Huh?
Alex: These people just had their blinds installed in the Master bedroom today which was the only place they could smell the smell- they had doors and windows open and so why would they only smell in the master bedroom? So I got up in their attic couldn't smell anything up there and usually if you smell it in the house you smell it worse in the attic. So I sprayed everything down anyway (checking for leaks) and couldn't find anything. So I go back to the master bedroom and the homeowner is saying I only really smell it in this area (near the windows). Alex gets close to the blinds and takes a good sniff and lo and behold it's their brand new blinds...
Me (laughing):Did they feel like big ol' idiots?
Alex: Yeah...
Another sidenote: Make sure before you call the gas company or the plumber that you're sure it's not just your blinds ;)
I think he's right, he is jinxed! Poor funny hubby!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
8 comments:
that is the funniest think i've heard lately, ummm- seriously the blinds? Hey you should talk to Micheal lewis about the funny things that happen at his work- he is a dish installer- boy, oh boy does he have some crazy, but true stories:)
I meant thing not think-
So funny! Alex makes me laugh... but so do you :)
I agree. &*#% Cat!! :)
(um, that whole jinxed thing isn't contagious though is it?)
I love Alex!
Alex is our favorite brother-in-law EVER! That is SO funny.
Those are funny stories-you don't experience such weird things every day. I love it!
Humor is the ONLY way to get through this life.
Post a Comment