Thursday, January 8, 2009

Decision 2009

Forget about the "BIG DECISION of 2008" (especially since that's already been decided)...The BIG DECISION of 2009 has just occured in our household! Which may affect us more than any ol' stinky Presidential election (I hope)...We have officially narrowed down possible baby names to 3, they are (in no particular order):
Abby Sara
Avery Sara
Amber Sara
Woo hoo! I'm so excited to at least know our options. I forced Alex to sit down (again) and go over 100 baby names and these are the 3 he liked best and I liked best so...which one do we pick? Maybe we'll wait til we see her little face and then make a decision. I think Abby/Abbie (which spelling is better?) and Avery are cute and girly and sort of old fashioned/unique but not too funky. Amber is actually my great grandmothers name and Alex likes it a lot. Sara of course is after his grandma and what we wanted her middle name to be...Anyway what a relief! Now if I could just get everything else in order before Abby/Avery/Amber arrives, life would be good!

7 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Isn't deciding on a name fun? (not really) I think those names are so cute. Am I allowed to give my input? I think I like Avery the best...in fact, maybe you shouldn't use it so that if I ever have another girl I could! Ha. Can't wait to meet your cute little girl!

Bryan said...

ummm, what about my awesome suggestion of Marsha Mellow Arradondo or better yet, Alexis Trebek Arradondo- I guess Avery is cute too(Whatever Mindy). I have a distant cousin named Dondi- Dondi Arradondo- in all seriousness, go with Abby/Abbie, that is really cute!

Terri said...

I have strong feelings toward Avery... but hey, do what every makes you (and alex) happy... we don't HAVE to be friends! :}

Melanie Bingham said...

I'm with Kim I like little label...call her Avery.
In truth all my childrens name choices are on a soft hold until I see the baby.

M. Fritze said...

love the name choices. you will know i am sure when you meet her! good luck!

Kristin said...

I like the spelling of Sara without the h. I've always liked old fashioned sounding names, so I like Abby. But I also love naming for family names. That's why we did Baylie - for Bayles. My brother was going to name their girl Avery and I voted for that. They ended up naming her Ava. So, I guess I don't really have an opinion :). I do think it's best to see her first because sometimes a name just fits.

Kelly said...

Avery Sara