The kids did the kid farm thing-and loved it, so fun. Then they rode a pony and petted all the animals at the petting zoo. Saw lots of chickens and baby chicks, some baby cows and piglets. Baby cows (and baby goats) are so adorable! We watched little kids do some Mutton Bustin' that's always good for a laugh! Ethan said he wanted to do it but we didn't let him, maybe next year.
We watched real cowboys and cowgirls rope and ride in the rodeo. Ethan was totally captivated by the rodeo, he loved seeing the horses and the bulls and cowboys and cowgirls. We didn't stick around for the Kid Rock concert (do you blame us?), but we had to get the little cowhands to bed. But everyone had a great time! Can't wait for next year!
{I had embarassing moment #8,999,500 in my lifetime of embarrassing moments, in the ladies restroom at the rodeo. Finished changing Abby's diaper and washed my hands and went back to the changing station to grab my bag, and wwwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppp (cowboy boots do not have great traction)! Did the splits (not on purpose, I mean at my age you don't EVER do the splits on purpose, unless your Mary Lou Retton or something) on the floor right there in the ladies restroom. THANK HEAVEN nobody saw me, although I'm sure the ladies in the stalls HEARD me as I laid there giggling and I can not confirm or deny that there may have been a curse word or two shouted out on my way down to the split formation. I hurriedly hopped up and washed off my banged up elbow and pulled the nail that broke completely off and hobbled back, bruised (my pride and my elbow) and bloody (my broken fingernail) to my seat with Abby in tow. I think that should make me an honorary cowgirl or something, right?}
7 comments:
You had me laughing so hard that I can barely type this. That is so stinkin' funny! We have some dancers here in Utah who are 50+ and perform at Jazz and BYU games. Their star is the 90+ year old who does the splits at the end of the show. Eventually, she will need to be replaced and you are the perfect candidate with your experience. I am sure they will hold a spot for you.
LOVE the outfits! So cute!
The way life is, those splits will be Abby's first memory of her mom that she'll be able to recall for the rest of her life. :)
the kids look ADORABLE. sounds like yall had lots of fun. i can't believe you didn't post any pics of yourself. and hey, i read that the kid rock concert was surprisingly good! glad you got to go!
hm, that post was supposed to be from me...
Such cute outfits! It makes me miss Texas! And the cowboy burritos . . . yum. I think we might have to make a trip down there just for Rodeo next year. Especially if I could get a repeat performance of your splits!
Those red boots are to die for!!! You have to save them so she can put them on her little girl someday. Splits! Hilarious! At least you didn't split your jeans. I love the pictures on the right side of your blog, but can't believe how grown up the kids look. I miss the rodeo!
funny girl! LOVE those boots!!!!! As much as I wish you were here, I think you have some pretty cute little Texans!
Post a Comment