Saturday, December 6, 2008

Doctor's Visit

Well...Went to the doctor's office yesterday...which was the first time since my Doctor passed away and met the new (to us anyway) doc. who will be delivering baby girl dondo (hopefully). I really felt the loss of my most favorite doctor yesterday and it made me really sad, especially being at the office and seeing her picture on display outside the door. I didn't realize how sad I was until I was there. She passed away from a major infection she got after having minor surgery, it sounds like she may have died in her sleep. They were on vacation in Colorado and thought that maybe she had altitude sickness because the whole family seemed to be sick. Anyway I like the "new" doctor she seems a bit more "clinical" and not quite as fun and funny as Dr. Parks, course considering the circumstances, it's understandable that she wasn't feeling like joking around. She mentioned that Dr. Parks was her one of her best friend's and she said she was going to try to make it through the day without crying. I unfortunately did not, I saw one of Dr. Parks nurses and after we hugged she started to cry a little and when I see other people cry-FORGET ABOUT IT! I was a blubbering baby-poor thing she had to comfort me-I felt bad cuz I wanted to be the one to comfort her. I blame my hormones! Alex came with me and it was good to have him around to distract me-otherwise I would've been boo-hooing for the WHOLE visit. But he always makes me laugh even when I feel sad-thank heaven for the hubby and his funny self! Oh and everything is going great with baby girl-she seems to be about the right size, has a good heartrate, is very active just seems to be healthy overall. We'll get to see her at our next visit in a couple weeks (via ultrasound that is).

5 comments:

Terri said...

ooh, I am so sad for you, but also happy that your baby and you are doing well. Your picture of daisy is so cute!!! Guess which baby name I voted for :), wait I am the only one that voted right now...

Melanie Bingham said...

Your pole won't let me vote. I vote for Ellie Kaye..
I'm sorry about your doc. I LOVE my OB EVEN WHEN SHE TELLS ME I"VE GAINED TOO MUCH WEIGHT

Kristin said...

I'm so glad all is okay with you, but how sad about your doctor. What a strange way to die - especially for a doctor. It almost sounds like malpractice. My biggest fear now that I have Baylie is that something will happen to me (or her) and I won't get to see her grow up. I remember you said she had twin babies. How sad for all of them.

Kristin said...

Sorry - me again. I voted for Abby, but it still shows 0%. Abby Arredondo sounds so cute. My brother's little girl was going to be Avery, but at the last minute they changed it to Ava.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

that is so sad! I am really sorry for you and for the family of your doctor. I am glad that you are able to find a doctor that can help you with the remainder of your pregnancy.