I think New Year's Eve is highly overrated and comes with a lot of expectation for fun, laughter, renewed enthusiasm for life and all of God's great and bountiful blessings and creations... While I think all those things are good and great, here's the thing, it seems like I can never live up to the expectation or the resolutions I make...So it's often a big disappointment. So I'm boycotting the fun/resolution requirement in New Year's Eve and am cleaning our room instead in my PJ's and it's only 9PM
...(Now before you think this is my excuse for not being invited to any parties, we actually were and I'm sure the fun requirement would've been met. But with a 2 year old and a big pregnant belly that makes me tired by 8PM, WE wouldn't have been much fun). Anyway Alex helped me clean out our closet yesterday (actually I layed in bed while he held up stuff for me to say "keep" or "toss"--I highly recommend doing it that way), and can I just say I CANNOT believe all the stuff we had shoved in there, WOW! So I've been busily folding and bagging all that stuff to give to the Salvation Army (or whoever), what a rockin' New Year's Eve activity. The cleaning of the closet has been on my to do list for a few months now and it's been taunting me, but I found it too overwhelming and would never get around to it...We literally had 6 big bags of clothes/shoes/jackets/sweaters etc. that for some reason or another we'd been hanging on too. Some stuff of mine is more than 10-12 years old-which made me feel old and SO not hip! I am a little bit concerned that I won't have anything to wear AFTER I give birth, oh well, good excuse to go shopping I guess! So now that our room is pretty clean and closet is well orgranized, maybe I'll go play Guitar Hero or watch the ball drop (or not) or maybe I'll just go to bed??? Since I feel no pressure to have fun what could be more fun than going to bed?
Even though I'm boycotting New Year's Eve--I do hope that everyone has an awesome 2009!
5 comments:
Just tell everyone that your resolution was to clean out your closet...you already met your goal!
Whoo hoo, I had a lame-o new years eve too!!! Hope you have a great year! Oh, let me know if you want a shopping buddy, I'm down with that!
You know, those clothes will probably be back in style this year and now you've given them all away...
Hey, I have a great idea- why don't you just make a resolution to be awesome and then be like, oh, guess I allready am! And, you are the queen of clean minus the English accent! Did you just want to be like Julie Andrews and go in your closet with your arms out and sing "the closet is clean...and I am so Haaapppyyyyy.... If not, I can come over and do that for you!!! So, check you OUT!
Sound remarkably like my new years! I guess that what comes with having young kids. New years is just not what it used to be!
Post a Comment