Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The truth hurts sometimes

I seriously debated putting this on my blog for all of the blogging world to see, it's sort of embarassing but it's also kind of funny. So here goes...
I went to Mr. Sticker yesterday to get the car inspected and there's only one dude there working, and there is one dude waiting in line to be helped so I figure I can wait for a little bit (I have both kids mind you)...So I walk in and the worker dude asks me if I have my car insurance paper with me. I say it's in the car he's says he needs to see it. So I drag both kids back out to the car and grab the paper. Go back in to the lovely waiting area (as worker dude has continued about his business). After waiting about 20 minutes a worker chic shows up and is all apologies to her co worker (I guess for leaving him alone or whatever) ANYWAY...I hear worker dude say to worker chic, "You need to help the lady in the white shirt with the kids, she's pregnant." OBVIOUSLY he's talking about me, I'm the only lady with kids in the place! I casually pretend that I didn't hear him even though my soul was crushed (sort of) and gave my paperwork to the worker chic... As I'm yelling at worker dude in my head things like "I just had a baby not even 3 months ago!", "AND it was a C-section" and "It took me nine months to get this gut and how am I supposed to have no gut in 3???!!!" and "And on top of that I just gave birth like 2 1/2 years before that!"

Pathetic huh?

But after analyzing it a bit more I came to the conclusion that I wasn't that offended by the comment because I know I still look pregnant but what I was bothered by is the fact that obviously my gut IS as bad as I thought it was! Uuuggghhhh!

I'm off to do some crunches!

7 comments:

Terri said...

Two things would have happened if that was me... 1)Punch the worker or 2)Play it up and act like it's such hard work being prego with a bunch of kids hehehe! I think I'm evil.

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

Oh I am right there with you chica. The only pants that fit right are my maternaty pants. I wouldn't be surprised it the same thing happened to me.

Sara said...

What an idiot! I've seen pictures... And I think you look Fantastic! :P

And I'm with Terri... he woulda at least had a dirty diaper thrown at him...

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

you gotta love the "after" body! It is amazing what having a kid can do to you! So sad! But I will bet you look teriffic, dumb worker dude!

Singled Out said...

Oh my gosh! That's HILARIOUS! Or maybe I should say your take on the situation was hilarious. Darn that gut that won't go away. At least you have a c-section as an excuse. All I've got is chocolate covered pretzels as my excuse.

Kristin said...

Chica, I get asked if I'm pregnant and I've never given birth. It could be worse!

carroll family said...

i'm with kristi, my only excuse is ice cream... i'll join you in those crunches now.