Monday, June 1, 2009

Abby's Room...Before and After

Here's a picture of Abby's room when it was our guest room/office/catch all room, it was sort of a mish mash of odds and ends type of stuff and none of it really went together...
Abby's room now, which I think turned out pretty cute, I can say that because I really had nothing to do with it, I just stole other people's ideas and executed it. So my mom and I came up with a new term for her room we're calling it Abby Chic (instead of Shabby Chic-because we're just extra nerdy like that!). Seriously could this be any girlier (I'm not sure that's a word and I'm really not sure how to spell it)? So she'll probably end up being into cars, trucks and dinosaurs... Anyway big thanks to Kelly and Terri for helping me paint and figure out what to do and to my Mom for all her help in getting Abby's room decorated and organized etc.. There's a few finishing touches I need to do but overall I think it turned out pretty good!

So I think I'll paint the crib the creamy color that's on the walls and in the bedding etc...What do you think??? And I'm going to get a new trash can :)







7 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

i think you are too cute. i love it. i wish i could be creative like that too. so fun

Terri said...

Oh, it looks so cute... I really don't think I can take credit for any of that! First of all I'm not cute or girly, second, I didn't do that much. You and your mom are awesome!!!

Warnick Family said...

Love it!!!! It looks so cute! You did a great job! I think I'm going to have to steal your ideas! Miss you guys!

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

I LOVE IT TOO! You girls are so crafty and cute!

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Can you believe how girly these baby girls make us? Pretty crazy. The stripes turned out beautiful and I love the brown wall. I would not have the guts to paint a crib - you're brave if you try that endeavor! Instead I just base the entire room around our red furniture.

Melanie Bingham said...

lmr approved if she knew how to comment! love it

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh! It's awesome! So cute. Glad you're FINALLY posting again.