So...I realize this is an unusual post especially at Thanksgiving time but it's on my mind because of recent events and I'm feeling sort of sad and uuummm, I'm not really sure what I'm feeling so maybe if I write it down, my feelings will become apparent...
First of all Sara's (my good friend) Mom passed away last Sunday after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Gail was one of the neatest people I've known. I will never see a pink ribbon (or a "Cancer Sucks" button) again without thinking of Gail. She was kind and caring and thoughtful. She had a lovely 'green' burial, to which I've never been too but it was simple and beautiful and peaceful. The memorial service was also beautiful, simple and sweet. She requested a bouncey house/moonwalk thing to be there for the kids, and just goes to show you her fun personality. I'm sorry and sad she's gone but at the same time glad to know she doesn't have to battle cancer anymore...
Second, I just found out through a letter that my Ob/Gyn passed away on Tuesday...I was supposed to see her this next Monday and start my every 2 week visits after that. They called me on Wednesday to let me know and re-schedule with another doctor but I didn't get the message until after they'd closed for the holiday. So I don't know yet how she passed, it's all very sad and unexpected. She has twins that will be 2 next month and hadn't been married for much longer than that. She was a really neat person and a great doctor. She had this incredible ability to talk to you like you were her long lost friend and she was always so upbeat and positive. It's strange the relationship you gain with a relative stranger when you experience some of life's greatest miracles together. I'm really feeling sad that she won't be my doctor anymore but even more sad for her family/friends and co-workers that they'll be missing her from their lives...
Third, my friend Terri's grandmother passed away this week as well, and while I didn't know her, I think I can picture the kind of woman she was. She almost made it to 100th birthday (12 days shy, I think), which I think is pretty incredible. And can you imagine all the history she lived through and saw first hand? Wow.
All of these things combined have made me really reflect on how blessed I am that my family is healthy and well. I also know that I should not take it for granted. We should take NOTHING for granted, especially our loved ones. There's a lot of peace and comfort knowing this life is not all there is for us, life continues even after death and that we can be reunited with our loved ones who have gone before us. But even though I know that, death is still a sad and tragic thing...
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
2 comments:
Thanks for all of you help! You're a blessing!
*Loves you tons*
Post a Comment