1. Ethan needs to be in a big boy bed (actually a queen size bed we already have).
2. Because Ethan's getting a big boy bed he needed a new bedspread etc. (all the bedspreads I have for that bed are all flowery and girly-which certainly won't work for our little man). So I found a blue and tan bedspread with a red bedskirt that I thought would work for quite a few years and can also double as a guest room, when we have guests (thanks Emily for that inspiration).
3. Because he needed a new bedspread that meant we were going to have to paint his room.
4. Because we were going to paint his room I was going to need some major HELP!
5. Because I needed help-Cara came to my rescue and with her steady hand and helped me paint stripes, Cara seriously should've been a surgeon she is that steady...Not only did she come one night to help me but she actually came back a second night too! Thanks so much Cara you are the best!
6. Because of my serious lack of edging abilities Alex helped out too.
I am so happy with the result and am excited to get some decorations (I'm thinking old fashioned cars, trucks, planes etc.-thanks Kelly for that inspiration) and will post some pictures of that when I'm ALL done...So here's the 'in progress' paint pictures...I think we're finally done with the painting. It seriously turned into a major project...It was sort of difficult to work on it because we had to work around Ethan's nap and bedtime(s)and my work schedule...And obviously it will look a lot better once we get the crib out and the big boy bed in with the new bedspread on and stuff on the walls, at least that's what I'm hoping! I'm also hoping it doesn't look too much like a High School gym... Do ya think?
My happy helpers--thanks guys you are the best!
7 comments:
Wow the room looks great! I am excited to see it with the big bed, and I am really excited to see the other room, when it's done.
Cara looks like much more of a HAPPY helper than Alex. :)
Funny you mention that Beth, I took 3 pictures of Alex and this is the "happy" one...
NOt a gym at all way cute! Yay for paint over wallpaper!
It looks AWESOME!!!! I love Alex's face in his "Happy Helper" picture. He sure looks happy to be edging. Next time you have a paint project, don't hesitate to call me for painting or babysitting - I still owe you for risking your life to reach the high spots at my house!
You are too nice, KK. It does look great though!! So fun! Just let me know when you are ready to do baby girl's room!!!!!
Love it! And what's wrong with looking like a gym? I would totally go with that theme - but then you know me...
Post a Comment