Last Friday was the wackiest day! It was sorta like everything that could go wrong did go wrong (Well, not EVERYTHING), but you know it seemed that way...So this is how it went...
Roll out of bed
Take the trash out (in my PJ's, no shoes, no bra-is that TMI?)
Putting a new trash bag in the big trash can outside when I hear the click of the deadbolt slide into place...NOOOOOOOO! Yep Ethan locked the door to the house.
Look in our hiding place for our extra key---NOT THERE? WHY IS IT NOT THERE?
Yell at Ethan to open the door, my requests are completely ignored. Stand there wondering what am I going to do? The kids and the dog are all locked inside and I am outside...
AHA --moment of clarity! Matt and Terri have an extra key HALLELUJAH! And although they live close they are not exactly our next door neighbors. SO I walked to Matt and Terri's with no shoes (and no bra), praying Ethan doesn't get into knives or scissors or anything else for that matter AND thankfully M & T are home (unfortunately I woke them up-sorry about that)...I'm sure the lawn guys were wondering what in the world I was doing-I smile at them so they will look at my face (and NOT anywhere else)...
Run back home unlock the door and Ethan says MOOOMMMM! Like where have you been? And Abby was crawling around and not in any kind of trouble and Daisy was just chillin' too. What a happy ending to a crazy situation!
A few hours later-
We are at the mall with my sisters and we had a great time shopping and such...However we get to the car to go home and Kristi pulls Abby out of the stroller and says "Uhhh Kelli Abby is soaked" So I go get her and she is totally soaked from her waist to her toes I'm talking soaked...Total diaper failure-YUCK! Usually she cries when she's even the tiniest bit wet alas she did not. And I didn't have anything to change her into--luckily though we were headed home and I had a little blanket in the car...Amazingly Abby was happy and smiley through it all! Such a good baby!
A few hours after that-
Alex and I decided to go on a date since we had babysitters and free movie tickets. Before we went to the movie Alex had to go help a guy with some plumbing stuff and ended up running late (not unusual) so we rush to the movie. Arrive right when the movie is supposed to start. Pull into the parking space and I say "Did you grab the free movie tickets?" He says "No, did you?" I say "No" (and a couple other not so nice words)...The whole reason we chose "Couple's Retreat" and that particular movie theater (really old and kind of yucky) was because it was going to be free. But we went to the movie anyway. We were both hungry and wanted some popcorn...so for two drinks and a popcorn it totaled $16.75!!! WHAT??? For two drinks and a popcorn???? Seriously?! So we said forget that and just got a drink... We finally get into the theater and the last few rows are sort built up on a platform which is black and hard to see...Alex heads to the back rows doesn't see the platform trips on it and totally falls down in between the rows and slams into the back of this guys chair and the guy kind of gets whiplash from Alex hitting the back of the chair with his shoulder (good thing Alex played football so he knows how to fall down). Luckily neither one were hurt although the guys hot dog went flying to the floor, we think...Poor guy it probably cost him $15.00! AND Alex didn't spill a drop of his drink-it's a miracle! I have no idea how he did that but he did-he wasn't dropping that $12.00 drink even if it killed him!
After the movie we went to eat and all went well at the restaurant, however, there was a couple sitting across from us obviously done with their dinner and playing Yahtzee. Yahtzee...Really? At a restaurant? How does that come about? Are they sitting around thinking how can we make going out to eat MORE "fun"??? I KNOW let's bring Yahtzee... Or were they right in the middle of their game and got hungry??? Seriously??? They must die hard Yahtzee fans or something! Wacky!
Crazy Wacky Freaky Day!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
2 comments:
some days are like that...how was the show? And for the record table games I think are tabu while eating out, although I did see it at one place in Switzerland. Maybe the couple was Swiss?
Don't worry about waking us up... most people should be awake at that time of day! I can't stand the yucky movie theater... did you have to burn alex's clothes after touching the floor!
I like the Idea of an after dinner game I'm bring games in my purse to dinner from now on!
Post a Comment