Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Here's some pictures of our Halloween weekend-o-fun!

Thursday night we carved pumpkins and Ethan wasn't as into it as I thought he'd be, but me and Alex had fun carving pumpkins...Friday night we went the the church trunk or treat and I have to mention what a beautiful night it was-weatherwise-nearly perfect in my book. And it was so nice to show up late, having been the activities person for the last 3 years, it's nice to just go and enjoy and even be a little late! Halloween (Sat.) night weather was pretty perfect as well. It sure makes me feel more in the spirit of Halloween when it's cool outside, when it's hot, it's just not as much fun...Anyway before I bore you to tears with the weather talk...I would also like to mention that Halloween day activities were reversed at our house--I mowed and edged the lawn (and did a fantastic job I might add) and Alex cleaned the inside of the house (and did a fantastic job I might add), although he may have gotten the raw end of the deal cuz the house was pretty scary (fitting for Halloween) and outside was perfect, blue sky, no clouds, cool, sunshine, slight breeze, yay for the two days of fall in Houston! I loved doing yard work, I honestly could not handle cleaning the house one more time this week, seriously you would have to come visit me in the looney bin. So I got all my frustrations out while mowing the grass, very theraputic I must say! Because I felt 100% better AND even was able to load the dishwasher without getting all CRAZY...

Anywho here are some pic.'s of the kid's (and Alex)

Who put baby in the corner? I thought "nobody puts Baby in a corner..."

The finished product with not much help from this little dude!


Nope not into the pumpkins at all!

Alex bascially forcing Ethan to touch the yucky pumpkin guts


Abby was not having any of it...She was tired and cried the whole time she was in the chair (except in the picture).

Here's the Church Trunk or Treat on Friday night...

Abby's a little ladybug (for those of you who don't know bugs)
Ethan's Thomas the Train (for those of you who don't know trains)
Alex was Alex (for those of you who don't know Alex)

I was dressed up as U2's biggest fan (yes I wore my $40.00 t-shirt)- see I almost made it through 2 whole posts without a word about U2 (did I mention they totally rock?)

This is Halloween Night on our front lawn
(a couple sidenotes: We thought we lost Abby's little hat so I put her hair in "pigtails" for picture taking purposes...We ended up finding the hat, right where we left it (who would think to look there???) The other thing is her feet look especially large with the little shoes on and while the shoes are large her feet are not!)






These last few pictures are just funny pictures of Abby...I think I mentioned that she doesn't like baby food, so we gave her (mashed up) spaghetti tonight and well, she LOVED it! Here's her wrinkly nose and laugh thing-so funny!

Notice the rolls on the thighs???
Here's the bite of spaghetti! YUM!
Here's Ethan throwing a MAJOR tantrum cuz we wouldn't let him eat his dum dum before dinner! Man! Are we mean or what??? Oh the joy of parenting when candy's around!
Happy Halloween!
P.S. If any of you are actually still reading all of this, I colored my hair dark brown tonight-it is a bit witchy looking and kinda scary ;) We'll see what it looks like in the light of day AND we'll also see just how much damage I did to the bathroom, I got that stuff EVERYWHERE! Oopsie!

4 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

yard work is the BEST to vent frustrations! Cute costumes.. you need to post a pic of the hair. I've never been that brave to try at home.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

I love the lady bug costume! So cute! I also love the picture of Ethan screaming for a dum dum! Classic!

Sara said...

CUTEST Ladybug EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! And LOL @ Ethan's tantrum. We know how that goes... :D

Kristin said...

Cute pictures! Alex's costume was great... And yours was probably the most expensive. Your little lady bug is adorable and looks like her daddy. Ethan is adorable and acts like his daddy :).