Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Huntsville State Park

A few weekends ago we went on a picnic with our good bud's the Cannon's. It was the first real cool weather we've had and although it was overcast it was a really nice fun day! Apparently the tree below was blown over in the hurricane last year (we sort of assumed as much since it's uprooted). The kids (and the dad's and Terri) had fun climbing on it. I would've too but seeing how I'm a bit klutzy it's probably better that I didn't do any climbing.. Alex decided to walk to the top, it's sort of decieving in the picture but it was really really high up, you can sort of tell though cuz you can see Jason, right below Alex (on the ground)...
The cute Cannon's (and Ethan-I think he thinks he's part of their family).

Cute Alex and Ethan ;)
Ethan practicing his monkey skills...
Don't worry Matt, Alex will catch you!

There is a small lake that you can rent a paddle boat or a canoe and see some alligators-- we didn't do it this time around but it is quite fun!
No, Terri wasn't sick it was just a bit too cool for her so I let her borrow one of Ethan's blankets (which I later discovered was kind of stinky-sorry Terri and it has since been washed)...

Good fun times!