Sunday, October 4, 2009

Random Rambling Thoughts Part II

So I did a post of random rambling thoughts a while ago and have had quite a lot of random, rambling thoughts recently and thought I'd share a few...And as with last time, they are not especially deep or insightful, just thoughts...

1. I am so grateful for my religion, for the direction and perspective it gives my life...I need to be better at living some of the guiding principles (I've got the major ones down) but still just very grateful...

2. Race for the Cure 5k on Oct. 3rd- was different for me this year than two years ago...Worse on the athletic level (if you can even call it that for me) my time was worse (40min. =13 min. mile=terrible!) and I felt worse after running, but the reality of cancer really hit home this time around...I have a few friends whose mom's have dealt with or are dealing with breast cancer and seeing all the survivors running/walking at the race and then seeing those racing for their loved ones who have been affected by cancer, really struck me in a profound way that I can't really put into words...

3. Watching little ol' ladies race past me in the Race for the Cure made me realize just how out of shape I am. And I've been taking my mostly healthy body for granted and not making it better or stronger. Well, that's gonna change--look out Otto Rd. here I come...

4. Abby is crawling--oh my baby! MY BABY!!!

5. Why is that when Abby is free to crawl around she makes a b-line for the dog's water bowl and/or dish and our shoes! Gross!

6. I'm so proud of my Ethan, potty training has gone so well (so far)! I also have to mention that he looks so cute in his little undies. He's getting to be such a big boy--sniff sniff!

7. Does any of the stuff I worry about really even matter??

8. Alex is suddenly very into football, maybe it's cuz we got rid of our cable and there's nothing else to watch.

9. Speaking of no cable-has anyone watched PBS lately? It's totally awesome! (I must be getting old) no, seriously though--I watched a biography on Wallace Stegner (author, pulitzer prize winner, historian, conservationist) that was really good and plus the whole National Parks series was great! The news programs on PBS feels like unbiased news reporting, which I like! And you get more details of what's happening around the world and not just in America.

10. So excited to see both my sisters and U2 live and in concert all in the same week! Wahoo!

11. What do I do with my hair? Curly? Straight? Frizzy? Flat? Shorter? Longer? Lighter? Darker? Bangs? No Bangs?-----Hey Ana---HELP!?

**I hope my sillyness doesn't take away from the seriousness of cancer-I definitely don't mean to take away from or make light of it that's for sure. I know "cancer sucks" and my heart goes out to those who have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I just watched Harry Conner's tv movie called Living Proof about the cure for cancer. I cried through the whole thing. It was great.

Kristin said...

Okay, that was supposed to be 'Harry Connick's'