Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Buh Bye Bink!

I am happy and pleased to report that Ethan's binky is GONE! He chewed a hole in it yesterday so I seized the opportunity to throw it away, actually had him throw it away, cuz it was "broken" (he says "bow bow" for broken). He had a 30 second tantrum after we threw it away and he was done. Bed time was a breeze last night, he asked about it then I reminded him that it was bow-bow and we threw it away. He said "Oh". And went to sleep. Nap time today has been a bit more of a challenge so I'm hoping that since the binky is gone that doesn't mean naptime is gone too! I'm so glad to have this done with, and that it's actually gone pretty well. I really felt like a bad Mom for letting him have the binky for so long. I would always joke that he'd be going to kindergarten with buck teeth and his binky hoping that wouldn't be true...Anyway next big step (hopefully before the big 3 birthday in August)...potty training! YIKES! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Yeah Ethan!!! My boys gave up their naps when they turned 2 (and maybe that's why I only have 2 kids) ... and if Ethan gives up his naps too it doesn't mean he can't have down time in his room.

Sara said...

*sigh* We only just got rid of Sammy's also. Don't beat yourself up about it... or I'd have to beat myself up also! :)

Kristin said...

We had Baylie almost off the binky (only at bedtime) and then she got sick. I made the mistake of letting her have it while she was sick and now we're back to ground zero. Sigh.